Saturday, January 18, 2014

How Becoming A Mommy Finally Provided Me Confidence

I was very wishy washy with my personal borders and really simply choices in basic prior to I became a mom. I remember being a teen and looking around at exactly what I thought everyone else was doing then attempting to determine the best ways to mirror that to be myself. I had the WORST self-esteem as a teenager and my actions plainly verified it.

When I attacked my twenties, I started my journey of personal development, spiritual looking for and understanding my feelings ... and understanding what actually made me tick. I was discovering who I was and deciding in my life based upon who I desired to be.

For the most part, I understood exactly what I desired in life. There was still some questioning and unpredictability about the 'right vs wrong' actions I'm taking in my life. I likewise still tended to be a people pleaser and truly desiring to be 'liked' by everybody.

Well, late twenties rolled around and I ended up being a mama. At the exact same time, with every choice I make it has actually provided me a sense of reassurance I've never ever known.

You see, as I stated before, I questioned a great deal of things in my teenagers and early twenties. Always desiring to be liked and not trigger too much problem. And really unclear of what I meant.

Now, as a mommy. I'm not simply a mama. Above all else, I'm a mom.

As a mom, I'm no longer convinced by others beliefs or opinions. Every decision I make either directly or indirectly impacts her in some means. Desiring to be an amazing inspirational function model and leader for her is my every day motorist.

Today, if I become unsure of which method to lean. I ask myself one simple concern. What would I desire my child to do in this scenario?

I wouldn't want her to live a life she's not passionate about. I wouldn't desire her to make decisions based on her likeability. I would want her to understand her values and exactly what she stands for and live based on THAT.

So call it momma-bear-ism or confidence. Call it what you desire. I don't care what others think of me due to the fact that after becoming a mama. Your viewpoint of me, my life and my family actually is none of my business. And you're for sure entitled to think as you will. All I know, is I try to live my life each and every day honoring myself, my faith and my household. And everything else that takes place is just an experience that I can pick up from.

For the most part, I knew exactly what I wanted in life. I also still had a tendency to be an individuals pleaser and truly desiring to be 'suched as' by everybody.

I would not desire her to live a life she's not enthusiastic about. I wouldn't desire her to make decisions based on her likeability. I would want her to understand her values and what she stands for and live based on THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment